Definition of effect:
- Consequence intended; purpose; meaning; general intent; - with to.
- Execution; performance; realization; operation; as, the law goes into effect in May.
- Goods; movables; personal estate; - sometimes used to embrace real as well as personal property; as, the people escaped from the town with their effects.
- Impression left on the mind; sensation produced.
- In general: That which is produced by an agent or cause; the event which follows immediately from an antecedent, called the cause; result; consequence; outcome; fruit; as, the effect of luxury.
- Manifestation; expression; sign.
- Power to produce results; efficiency; force; importance; account; as, to speak with effect.
- Reality; actual meaning; fact, as distinguished from mere appearance.
- The purport; the sum and substance.
- To bring to pass; to execute; to enforce; to achieve; to accomplish.
- To produce, as a cause or agent; to cause to be.
military group, force play, bring about, movement, found, egress, exertion, military issue, loading, proceeds, belief, payoff, encumbrance, heart and soul, ramification, answer, thing, raise, impact, notion, mental picture, inwardness, issuing, work, event, operation, lay out, install, burden, be, power, takings, instal, fix, potency, number, termination, ready, sum, tack together, military force, efficacy, resolution, conclusion, accomplishment, exit, frame, centre, resultant, violence, deed, effectuality, put in, set, case, return, imprint, essence, issue, marrow, military unit, realization, pitch, matter, printing, heart, put, load, piece, materialization, effectiveness, actualization, yield, feeling, set up, effectualness, way out, transaction, good, opinion, upshot, subject, onus, stuff, order, exploit, personal effects, efficaciousness, personal property, progeny, outcome, efficiency, motion, effectuate, possession, execution, publication, consummation, entrap, ensnare, influence, solvent, property, affect, stamp, rig, lares and penates, establish, precipitate, core, nitty-gritty, nub, performance, movable, harvest, government issue, gist, moment, solution, prepare, forcefulness, strength, resultant role, achievement, topic, launch, force out, perfume, arrange, erect, core group, action, incumbrance, final result, substance, take, force, consequence, influence, end product, meat, picture, nucleus, rear, put together, feat, chattel, emergence, import, personnel, impression, tack, owned, depression, outlet, issuance, kernel, result, put up, being, belonging, corollary, pith, gear up, center, proceeding, assemble, doing, sequent, magnetic core, activate.
- apply (part of speech: verb)
- effect (part of speech: noun)
- sequel (part of speech: noun)
- cause (part of speech: verb)