Definition of effective:
- Having the power to produce an effect or effects; producing a decided or decisive effect; efficient; serviceable; operative; as, an effective force, remedy, speech; the effective men in a regiment.
- One who is capable of active service.
- Specie or coin, as distinguished from paper currency; - a term used in many parts of Europe.
- That which produces a given effect; a cause.
- The serviceable soldiers in a country; an army or any military body, collectively; as, France's effective.
in force, hard-hitting, efficient, valid, good, telling, effectual, rough-and-ready, compelling, producing the desired result, cogent, yielding, operational, vigorous, operative, trenchant, competent, actual, impelling, striking, sufficient, impressive, forceful, forcible, active, be, thrive, dynamic, dynamical, existent, adequate, forceful, producing the expected result, capable, sound, efficacious, in effect, legal.
- causative (part of speech: adjective)
- authoritative (part of speech: adjective)
- effective (part of speech: adjective)
- expedient (part of speech: adjective)
utilizable (part of speech: adjective)
- at hand,
- "The Adventures of Harry Richmond, Complete", George Meredith Last Updated: March 7, 2009.
- "An Interpretation of Friends Worship", N. Jean Toomer.
- "Abraham Lincoln", John Drinkwater.