Definition of efflorescence :
1. A redness of the skin; eruption, as in rash, measles, smallpox, scarlatina, etc.
2. Flowering, or state of flowering; the blooming of flowers; blowth.
3. The formation of the whitish powder or crust on the surface of efflorescing bodies, as salts, etc.
4. The powder or crust thus formed.
kick, blooming, outpouring, peak, prime of life, blizzard, vertex, vizor, boot, apex, florescence, skin rash, roseola, rosiness, unfolding, acme, tip, crown, hot flash, summit, superlative, salad days, better, bloom of youth, top, extremum, rush, visor, gush, point, prime quantity, anthesis, thrill, pinnacle, height, inflorescence, charge, tiptop, sprouting, prime, eyeshade, bill, blossoming, rash, bang, blossom, flowering, heyday, blush, elevation, flower, bloom, meridian, flush, crest
- The tracts of salt efflorescence- often fifty miles long and nearly as wide- are called " salt prairies;" and a somewhat similar land, where soda covers the surface, are named " soda prairies." - "The Boy Hunters", Captain Mayne Reid.
- Everything springs from His filial consciousness as a natural and wonderful efflorescence: His messianic vocation, His twofold ministry of preaching and healing, His deeds and His discourses, His ethics and His doctrine, the absolute gift of Himself in life and death. - "Outlines of a Philosophy of Religion based on Psychology and History", Auguste Sabatier.
- For a moment, at the end of the fifth and beginning of the fourth century, when the womanhood of Greece had already internally decayed, there was indeed a brilliant intellectual efflorescence among her males, like to the gorgeous colours in the sunset sky when the sun is already sinking; but the heart of Greece was already rotting and her vigour failing. - "Woman and Labour", Olive Schreiner.