Definition of effort:
pain, case, crusade, causal agency, trouble, move, pull, safari, reason, campaign, drift, apparent motion, parturiency, stab, try, causa, whirl, take, stretch, thrust, accomplishment, industry, do, crack, deed, fret, suit, offer, go, private road, tension, battle, attack, feat, ride, exertion, force, exploit, acquisition, acquirement, ease, bm, front, attainment, heavy, endeavour, bowel movement, lying-in, shot, driveway, lather, striving, confinement, driving, lawsuit, trial, energy, driving force, endeavor, childbed, while, trend, drill, political campaign, travail, attempt, drive, strain, cause, stew, grounds, hunting expedition, achievement, discipline, swither, social movement, run, elbow grease, stress, spurt, training, push, carelessness, apparent movement, military campaign, motility, parkway, bid, resolution, labour, sweat, sudor, application, movement, tug, perspiration, causal agent, struggle.
- action (part of speech: noun)
- exertion (part of speech: noun)
- work (part of speech: noun)
- endeavor (part of speech: noun)
- "An Alabaster Box", Mary E. Wilkins Freeman and Florence Morse Kingsley.
- "Way of the Lawless", Max Brand.
- "The Saint's Tragedy", Charles Kingsley.