Definition of eggshell :
1. A smooth, white, marine, gastropod shell of the genus Ovulum, resembling an egg in form.
2. The shell or exterior covering of an egg. Also used figuratively for anything resembling an eggshell.
white (part of speech: adjective)
- This water is so holy that everything placed in the spring becomes as white as the film, within an eggshell. - "The Elder Eddas of Saemund Sigfusson; and the Younger Eddas of Snorre Sturleson", Saemund Sigfusson and Snorre Sturleson.
- Only those might do so who are willing freely to concede to others that same right to be human which they themselves exercise, whether they will or no, when things happen that smash the veneer of " gentleman" or " lady" like an eggshell under a plowboy's heel, and penetrate to and roil that unlovely human nature which is in us all. - "The Second Generation", David Graham Phillips.
- Bless my soul, Ammaby, said the Rector, pausing with an eggshell transfixed upon his spoon, shillings and half crowns don't go far in the present condition of our households. - "Jan of the Windmill", Juliana Horatia Ewing.