Definition of egret:
- A kind of ape.
- A plume or tuft of feathers worn as a part of a headdress, or anything imitating such an ornament; an aigrette.
- The flying feathery or hairy crown of seeds or achenes, as the down of the thistle.
- The name of several species of herons which bear plumes on the back. They are generally white. Among the best known species are the American egret ( Ardea, / Herodias, egretta); the great egret ( A. alba); the little egret ( A. garzetta), of Europe; and the American snowy egret ( A. candidissima).
- "Caribbee", Thomas Hoover.
- "In Mesopotamia", Martin Swayne.