Definition of elaboration:
- The act or process of producing or refining with labor; improvement by successive operations; refinement.
- The natural process of formation or assimilation, performed by the living organs in animals and vegetables, by which a crude substance is changed into something of a higher order; as, the elaboration of food into chyme; the elaboration of chyle, or sap, or tissues.
cultivation, finish, exponentiation, purification, culture, civilisation, nuance, explanation, refining, participation, subtlety, comment, expanding upon, ornateness, enfolding, involvement, intricacy, polish, expansion, engagement, elaborateness, blowup, shade, enlargement, refinement, discussion, working out, civilization, amplification, involution, magnification, nicety.
- "Baby Mine", Margaret Mayo.
- "Roosevelt in the Bad Lands", Hermann Hagedorn.
- "Popular Law-making", Frederic Jesup Stimson.