Definition of elaboration :
1. The act or process of producing or refining with labor; improvement by successive operations; refinement.
2. The natural process of formation or assimilation, performed by the living organs in animals and vegetables, by which a crude substance is changed into something of a higher order; as, the elaboration of food into chyme; the elaboration of chyle, or sap, or tissues.
involvement, purification, engagement, working out, exponentiation, ornateness, civilization, shade, enfolding, explanation, blowup, nuance, cultivation, culture, comment, enlargement, magnification, discussion, polish, amplification, nicety, elaborateness, participation, civilisation, finish, expanding upon, expansion, intricacy, subtlety, refining, involution
improvement (part of speech: noun)
- " Why, you see," said Aggie, growing more enthusiastic with each elaboration of Zoie's lie, " we didn't dare to break it to you too suddenly." - "Baby Mine", Margaret Mayo.
- They took my inquisition with grave seriousness and gave me what they had without reserve and without elaboration. - "Roosevelt in the Bad Lands", Hermann Hagedorn.
- It is very difficult to draw such laws to make them apply fairly, but they have been copied with even greater elaboration in many Southern States. - "Popular Law-making", Frederic Jesup Stimson.