Definition of elasticity:
- Power of resistance to, or recovery from, depression or overwork.
- The quality of being elastic; the inherent property in bodies by which they recover their former figure or dimensions, after the removal of external pressure or altering force; springiness; tendency to rebound; as, the elasticity of caoutchouc; the elasticity of the air.
pushover, ginger nut, grab, gingersnap, flexure, amplitude, ductility, ginger snap, snap fastener, shot, snapshot, flexibleness, ability, give, centrifugal force, piece of cake, walkover, duck soup, pliableness, calorific, snap, capillary action, cinch, centripetal force, air resistance, snatch, picnic, centering, child's play, absorbance, cracking, breeze, pliantness, crack, resiliency, flexible, bounce, bonding, snap bean, balance, spring, press stud, malleableness, catch, attraction.
- changes (part of speech: noun)
- softness (part of speech: noun)
- elasticity (part of speech: noun)
- "The Son of his Father", Ridgwell Cullum.
- "Can You Forgive Her?", Anthony Trollope.
- "The Gadfly", E. L. Voynich.