Definition of elate :
1. Having the spirits raised by success, or by hope; flushed or exalted with confidence; elated; exultant.
2. Lifted up; raised; elevated.
3. To exalt the spirit of; to fill with confidence or exultation; to elevate or flush with success; to puff up; to make proud.
4. To raise; to exalt.
peck, see, call for, animate, flush, elevate, find out, inspire, get word, exalt, hear, perk, apprehend, lift up, cop, nab, nail, gain vigor, soak, collect, pick up, catch, discover, arrest, get wind, percolate, collar, intoxicate, uplift, inspirit, receive, gladden, learn, get a line, cheer, perk up, gather up, exhilarate, happy, turn around, encourage, lift, inebriate
- Men staggered from the Exchange, white as death, some cursing, some angry and red, some despairing, some elate. - "Blindfolded", Earle Ashley Walcott.
- Life with our loves was grown serene, estrangement was at end: Our dear ones all delight of love vouchsafed to us elate, Saying, " Thy fill of union take; no spy is there on us, Whom we should fear, nor yet reproach our gladness may abate." - "Tales from the Arabic Volume 3", John Payne.
- " Never were they two separate, And lo, in idle mood, I took a sling and ball, elate In wicked sport and rude,- " And killed one bird,- it was the male, Oh cruel deed and base! - "Ancient Ballads and Legends of Hindustan", Toru Dutt.