Definition of elbow:
- A sharp angle in any surface of wainscoting or other woodwork; the upright sides which flank any paneled work, as the sides of windows, where the jamb makes an elbow with the window back.
- Any turn or bend like that of the elbow, in a wall, building, and the like; a sudden turn in a line of coast or course of a river; also, an angular or jointed part of any structure, as the raised arm of a chair or sofa, or a short pipe fitting, turning at an angle or bent.
- The joint or bend of the arm; the outer curve in the middle of the arm when bent.
- To jut into an angle; to project or to bend after the manner of an elbow.
- To push or hit with the elbow, as when one pushes by another.
- To push rudely along; to elbow one's way.
- "We Girls: A Home Story", Mrs. A. D. T. Whitney.
- "Wolf Breed", Jackson Gregory.
But when a long and heavy plate is to be straightened, the end not on the anvil must be supported with the left hand, and it stands so far away from the anvil that he could not bend his elbow and still reach the anvil.- "Modern Machine-Shop Practice, Volumes I and II", Joshua Rose.