Definition of electrify:
- To become electric.
- To cause electricity to pass through; to affect by electricity; to give an electric shock to; as, to electrify a limb, or the body.
- To communicate electricity to; to charge with electricity; as, to electrify a jar.
- To equip for employment of electric power; as, to electrify a railroad.
- To excite suddenly and violently, esp. by something highly delightful or inspiriting; to thrill; as, this patriotic sentiment electrified the audience.
intrigue, AC, pump up, thrill, startle, jolt, attract, enrapture, equip, shock, fire someone with enthusiasm, magnetize, cable, arc light, wire, inspire, interest, capture someone's interest/imagination/attention, active, turn on, plug in, telegraph, amplify, intoxicate, enthuse, light, titillate, arc, blackout, send, power, surprise, heat, dazzle, brownout, motivate, charge, stun, carry away, alternating current, stir, transport, galvanize.
- "Cy Whittaker's Place", Joseph C. Lincoln.
His greatest triumph, however, was achieved in oratorio, and his performance of " The Enemy Said," in " Israel in Egypt," at the Crystal Palace, in 1857, was of such a nature as to electrify his hearers.- "Famous Singers of To-day and Yesterday", Henry C. Lahee.
- "The Gentleman from Everywhere", James Henry Foss.