Definition of eleven :
1. A symbol representing eleven units, as 11 or xi.
2. Ten and one added; as, eleven men.
3. The eleven men selected to play on one side in a match, as the representatives of a club or a locality; as, the all- England eleven.
4. The sum of ten and one; eleven units or objects.
- It's half- past eleven, and the Lord- Lieutenant may be here any minute. - "General John Regan 1913", George A. Birmingham.
- Meet us with car eleven o'clock train. - "The Auto Boys' Vacation", James A. Braden.
- If not, I will give it to you when you come- at eleven. - "The Judgment House", Gilbert Parker.