Definition of emancipation:
- The act of setting free from the power of another, from slavery, subjection, dependence, or controlling influence; also, the state of being thus set free; liberation; as, the emancipation of slaves; the emancipation of minors; the emancipation of a person from prejudices; the emancipation of the mind from superstition; the emancipation of a nation from tyranny or subjection.
- freedom (part of speech: noun)
- rescue (part of speech: noun)
- liberation (part of speech: noun)
- "History of the French Revolution from 1789 to 1814", F. A. M. Miguet.
- "The Facts of Reconstruction", John R. Lynch.
- "The Mynns' Mystery", George Manville Fenn.