Definition of embark:
set out, move into, figure, get off, venture, approach, send, get in, go into, take on, transport, lead off, participate, get into, open, leave port, go in, take up, set sail, institute, pretend, get the show on the road, enroll, set to, hazard, guess, insert, set about, stake, enrol, enter, kick off, launch, get going, get cracking, put down, recruit, record, accede, jeopardize, adventure, infix, ship, board, come in, inscribe.
- begin (part of speech: verb)
- depart (part of speech: verb)
- "On the Pampas", G. A. Henty.
- "The Project Gutenberg Memoirs of Napoleon Bonaparte", Bourrienne, Constant, and Stewarton.
- "The Secret of the Night", Gaston Leroux.