Definition of embarrassed:
- Perplexed; confused.
low, abashed, awkward, discomposed, discomfited, mortified, crushed, contrite, feel/look small, ignominious, unfortunate, foolish, chagrined, humiliating, guilty, humiliated, shameful, ashamed, repentant, embarrassing, insolvent, painful, undignified, sorry, broken, uncomfortable, gangrenous.
- abased (part of speech: verb)
- poor (part of speech: adjective)
- humbled (part of speech: verb)
- "A Top-Floor Idyl", George van Schaick.
- "Bat Wing", Sax Rohmer.
- "Nan Sherwood on the Mexican Border", Annie Roe Carr.