Definition of embassy:
- The person or persons sent as ambassadors or envoys; the ambassador and his suite; envoys.
- The public function of an ambassador; the charge or business intrusted to an ambassador or to envoys; a public message to; foreign court concerning state affairs; hence, any solemn message.
- The residence or office of an ambassador.
Then he astounded Walter with the information that King James of England had sent an Embassy to India, that he, Jahangir, meant to march to Ajmere to meet the Ambassador, and that he would esteem it a favor if Mowbray and Sainton would come with him, the journey being a fair measure of the road to Surat.- "The Great Mogul", Louis Tracy.
- "Lucretia, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
- "Project Gutenberg History of The Netherlands, 1555-1623, Complete", John Lothrop Motley.