Definition of embattled :
1. Having been the place of battle; as, an embattled plain or field.
2. Having indentations like a battlement.
3. Having the edge broken like battlements; - said of a bearing such as a fess, bend, or the like.
4. of Embattle
- " I'll get you yet," he said, pointing a finger at the embattled Stover. - "The Varmint", Owen Johnson F. R. Gruger.
- The large quadrangle thus occupied is called the 'kila', or fort, and the wall that surrounds it is thirty feet high, with a round embattled tower at each corner. - "Rambles and Recollections of an Indian Official", William Sleeman.
- Not every one can paint in epic strain The lances bristling on the embattled plain, Tell how the Gauls by broken javelins bleed, Or sing the Parthian tumbling from his steed. - "The Satires, Epistles, and Art of Poetry", Horace a.k.a. Quintus Horatius Flaccus Translated by John Conington, M. A..