Definition of embody:
make up, comprehend, assimilate, Be, actualise, confirm, epitomize, body forth, take in, define, realize, build in, personify, typify, count in, express, cost, realise, actualize, exteriorize, externalize, objectify, have, corroborate, come down to, follow, body, absorb, subsume, collect, represent, substantiate, substitute, personalize, enter into, characterize, sustain, co-opt, add on, organize, exemplify, instantiate, equal, affirm, exist, feature, contain, live, personate, support, incarnate.
- compose (part of speech: verb)
- manifest (part of speech: verb)
- unify (part of speech: verb)
- include (part of speech: verb)
- "Pelham, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton Last Updated: March 16, 2009.
If there is an absolute beauty, it must be possible to work out a system of principles which shall embody its laws,- an aesthetic, in other words; and on the basis of that aesthetic to deliver a well- founded critical judgment.- "The Psychology of Beauty", Ethel D. Puffer.
- "Great Masters in Painting: Perugino", George C. Williamson.