Definition of emerald :
1. A kind of type, in size between minion and nonparel. It is used by English printers.
2. A precious stone of a rich green color, a variety of beryl. See Beryl.
3. Of a rich green color, like that of the emerald.
green (part of speech: adjective)
gem (part of speech: noun)
diamond, agate, gem, ruby, rose quartz, opal, bloodstone, onyx, sapphire, beryl, amethyst, garnet, star sapphire, coral, topaz, lapis lazuli, sardonyx, zircon, carbuncle, chalcedony, hyacinth, moonstone
greenness (part of speech: noun)
- It was an emerald bracelet left him by an eccentric aunt who had lived and died in Paris. - "Somewhere in France", Richard Harding Davis.
- To give one's life for a necklace, an emerald necklace, and then to get the wrong one! - "Their Son; The Necklace", Eduardo Zamacois.
- Now, in one of those little new houses in Emerald Avenue, you might manage all right. - "The Privet Hedge", J. E. Buckrose.