Definition of emerge:
go away, come forth, break through, show up, step forward, come on, come out, step to the fore, make out, erupt, bulge, see, push through, protrude, come to the fore, bring out, out, leave, fall out, bug out, release, bulge out, come forward, put out, go forth, pop, come in, step up, come out of the closet, issue, turn up, write out, loom, supply, publish, cut, place, turn out, egress, pop out.
- appear (part of speech: verb)
- begin (part of speech: verb)
- "Northern Diamonds", Frank Lillie Pollock.
- "Primitive Love and Love-Stories", Henry Theophilus Finck.
- "The Jester of St. Timothy's", Arthur Stanwood Pier.