Definition of eminent:
proud, respect, high-flown, important, high-minded, superior, tall, distinguished, celebrated, great, prestigious, high-pitched, raised, redoubtable, renowned, majestic, noted, gamey, towering, gallant, rarefied, rarified, preeminent, illustrious, soaring, sublime, high, lofty, of import, grand, elevated, famous, in high spirits, steep, idealistic, exalted, successful, mellow, famed, knowledge, noble, uplifted, noble-minded, gamy.
- distinguished (part of speech: verb)
superior (part of speech: adjective)
- important (part of speech: adjective)
- "Devereux, Book I.", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
- "A Woman Named Smith", Marie Conway Oemler.
- "Varied Types", G. K. Chesterton.