Definition of empire:
- Any dominion; supreme control; governing influence; rule; sway; as, the empire of mind or of reason.
- Supreme power; sovereignty; sway; dominion.
- The dominion of an emperor; the territory or countries under the jurisdiction and dominion of an emperor ( rarely of a king), usually of greater extent than a kingdom, always comprising a variety in the nationality of, or the forms of administration in, constituent and subordinate portions; as, the Austrian empire.
agency, Asia-Pacific, the Antarctic, biome, the Caribbean, affiliate, union, blue chip, climate, imperium, the Arctic, anchor, the biz, agent, federation, Atlantic Rim, conglomerate, Central America, big business, account, base, the Celtic fringe, imperialism, pudding stone, Australasia.
- possession (part of speech: noun)
region (part of speech: noun)
- property (part of speech: noun)
- "The Critic in the Orient", George Hamlin Fitch.
- "Mohammed, The Prophet of Islam", H. E. E. Hayes.
- "Roman Women Woman: In All Ages and in All Countries, Volume 2 (of 10)", Alfred Brittain.