Definition of encompass:
grok, belt, compass, overcompensate, pass over, cincture, cut through, hug, take in, comprehend, get the picture, wrap up, extend, cut across, enshroud, treat, report, environ, cover up, traverse, handle, grasp, girdle, open, plow, cross, deal, dig, sweep up, espouse, have, incubate, continue, bosom, engird, breed, adopt, savvy, band, brood, cover, track, edge, insure, girt, hide, perceive, apprehend, subsume, spread over, embrace, underwrite, squeeze, get over, compensate, engirdle, address, hem, beset, begird, ring, shroud, get across, overlay, hedge, hatch.
- encircle (part of speech: verb)
- include (part of speech: verb)
- enclose (part of speech: verb)
- "Eastern Shame Girl The Wedding of Ya-Nei; A Strange Destiny; The Error of the Embroidered Slipper; The Counterfeit Old Woman; The Monastery of the Esteemed-Lotus; A Complicated Marriage", Charles Georges Souli.
- "Salammbo", Gustave Flaubert.
There were at least fifty men there, some of them tending a blazing windrow of branches arranged in a large circle to encompass a considerable section of open ground where were heaped several mounds of supplies.- "The Return of Tharn", Howard Carleton Browne.