Definition of end :
1. have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical; " the bronchioles terminate in a capillary bed"; " Your rights stop where you infringe upon the rights of other"; " My property ends by the bushes"; " The symphony ends in a pianissimo"
2. One of the yarns of the worsted warp in a Brussels carpet.
3. Point beyond which no procession can be made; conclusion; issue; result, whether successful or otherwise; conclusive event; consequence.
4. Termination of being; death; destruction; extermination; also, cause of death or destruction.
5. That which is left; a remnant; a fragment; a scrap; as, odds and ends.
6. The extreme or last point or part of any material thing considered lengthwise ( the extremity of breadth being side); hence, extremity, in general; the concluding part; termination; close; limit; as, the end of a field, line, pole, road; the end of a year, of a discourse; put an end to pain; -- opposed to beginning, when used of anything having a first part.
7. The object aimed at in any effort considered as the close and effect of exertion; ppurpose; intention; aim; as, to labor for private or public ends.
8. To bring to an end or conclusion; to finish; to close; to terminate; as, to end a speech.
9. To come to the ultimate point; to be finished; to come to a close; to cease; to terminate; as, a voyage ends; life ends; winter ends.
10. To destroy; to put to death.
11. To form or be at the end of; as, the letter k ends the word back.
pike, end of the line, bottom line, end zone, curtains, dream, quota, conversion kick, margin, exclusion, bifurcate, final stage, passage, dismiss, kibosh, involvement, leftover, death throes, portion, extreme, payoff, design, carry through, intent, head, destroy, determination, death toll, limited, bootleg, set aside, confine, grave, butt, remnant, fragment, allotment, shutoff, idea, supplant, shard, end up, intercept, oddity, help, anchorage, connect, shoemaker's last, perimeter, shutdown, morbidity, why, obliterate, disaster area, give up, center of excellence, home stretch, slice, residual, repeal, subvert, bleachers, motivation, give notice, intervention, blitz, proportion, periphery, court, doom, demolition, performance, bevel, stop over, adjournment, dust trap, pretext, intention, reverse, backfield, the bench, wind down, aspiration, scrap, force out, fire, barricade, turn back, bowl, take, difference, withdrawal, beginning, lapse, give the sack, borderline, arrangement, wipeout, destination, block off, sleep, shutting, branch off, check, bring something to an end/a close/a halt, hem, stump, effect, remainder, center, bar, can, swan song, arrest, top, discontinuation, expiry, ascend, closedown, destruction, ground, plan, pretension, baseline, object, ort, exterminate, give the axe, curtain, finish up, hold back, curiosity, base, abolish, piece, dying, crease, grand finale, stake, entry, AstroTurf, mortality, start, length, decision, extent, compass, stopping point, round off, fetch up, line, skirting, send away, fate, occasion, join, Dodge City, contain, cobbler's last, middle, annul, mark, denouement, participation, nose, precede, edging, purpose, thing, surcease, ideal, rarity, residue, death rate, skirt, land up, lay off, tail end, block up, clear, bereavement, bend, tip, arrestment, abate, circumference, balance, great divide, aim, meaning, goal, aerie, in justification of something, outcome, nib, engagement, corner, divide, curio, verge, proscribe, cause, rest, alley, epilogue, brim, ratiocination, ceiling, stub, tag end, prohibit, peculiarity, capper, eat up, call it a day/night, block, nullify, bump, remove, abrogate, come to, point, target date, cattle auction, target, overthrow, reason, American football, attainment, mop up, retirement, finish with, cut, cusp, planned, oddment, last, annihilate, cradle, displace, pole, residuum, revoke, carry, endgame, hold on, allowance, motive, continue, excuse, objective, devastation, depot, extirpate, wind up, ambition, diverge, perfection, result, interference, offset, dumping ground, realization, the box, call a halt (to something), sack, bourne, upshot, clay, get through, fag end, participate, frame, intrusion, suppress, polish off, eradicate, view, stamp out, extend, closing curtain, break off, blockade
cessation (part of speech: noun)
back (part of speech: noun)
limit (part of speech: verb)
completion (part of speech: noun)
end (part of speech: verb)
death (part of speech: noun)
cease (part of speech: verb)
die (part of speech: verb)
complete (part of speech: verb)
stop (part of speech: verb)