Definition of endeavor:
- An exertion of physical or intellectual strength toward the attainment of an object; a systematic or continuous attempt; an effort; a trial.
- To exert one's self; to work for a certain end.
- To exert physical or intellectual strength for the attainment of; to use efforts to effect; to strive to achieve or reach; to try; to attempt.
sweat, go, pain, strive, crusade, trial, enterprise, enterprisingness, attack, go-ahead, offer, struggle, take a crack at, determination, attempt, trouble, intent, mark, stab, inclination, shot, exertion, travail, effort, while, strain, endeavour, reach, elbow grease, cause, make a stab at, take, have a go at, tendency, aspiration, design, crack, drive, end, study at effort, striving, try.
- intention (part of speech: noun)
endeavor (part of speech: verb)
- pursue (part of speech: verb)
- venture (part of speech: verb)
- action (part of speech: noun)
- intend (part of speech: verb)
- act (part of speech: verb)
My friend was exceedingly pleased, and I not less so; though the fact of her making no difference between us was something of a shock to my self- conceit, endeavor as I might to believe that she had welcomed him, if not in my stead, yet at least as my friend.- "A Rambler's lease", Bradford Torrey.
- "Love Under Fire", Randall Parrish.
- "The Girl From Keller's Sadie's Conquest", Harold Bindloss.