Definition of energy:
- Capacity for performing work.
- Internal or inherent power; capacity of acting, operating, or producing an effect, whether exerted or not; as, men possessing energies may suffer them to lie inactive.
- Power efficiently and forcibly exerted; vigorous or effectual operation; as, the energy of a magistrate.
- Strength of expression; force of utterance; power to impress the mind and arouse the feelings; life; spirit; - said of speech, language, words, style; as, a style full of energy.
muscularity, capillary action, elan vital, beans, chi, biogas, readiness, punch, null, endurance, oomph, calorific, response, friction, skill, ki, goose egg, hardihood, burn, aspiration, firepower, dexterity, vibe, nada, Energy Department, reaction, athleticism, nothing, button, zip fastener, pressure, cleverness, vehemence, fuel, vigour, electricity, virility, starch, ginger, perseverance, zippo, talent, cypher, resistance, efficiency, cipher, zero, aught, suction, zipper, coal-fired, vibration, dynamism, peppiness, nil, juice, thrust, heartiness, push, department of energy, cogency, ambition, heat, free energy, bonding, gravity, current, horsepower, esprit, elasticity, get-up-and-go, air resistance, sinew, gas, moxie, balance, zilch, aptitude, capacity, postal code, biomass, aura, vital force, brio, biofuel, fossil fuel, capability, go, slide fastener, effectiveness, pushing, faculty, life, voltage, absorbance, nix, efficacy, vinegar, postcode, vitality, dash, life force, vim, vigor, susceptibility, service, centripetal force, steam, resolve, competency, atomic energy, qualification, bounce, expertness, potence, naught, push button, centrifugal force, sap, ability, determination, radioactivity, attraction, potential, brawniness, heftiness, amplitude, will.
- excitement (part of speech: noun)
- motive (part of speech: noun)
- vigor (part of speech: noun)
- motivation (part of speech: noun)
- energy (part of speech: noun)
- activity (part of speech: noun)
- strength (part of speech: noun)
- health (part of speech: noun)
- power (part of speech: noun)
- "The Lesser Bourgeoisie", Honore de Balzac.
- "The Isle of Unrest", Henry Seton Merriman.
- "The Comings of Cousin Ann", Emma Speed Sampson.