Definition of engaged:
committed, doing, active, available, bound, affianced, interested, free, employed, booked, enmeshed, marriage, pledged, meshed, bespoken, assiduous, geared, connected, busy, diligent, set-aside, industrious, sedulous, reserved, pursuing, intermeshed, tenanted, hooked, attached, unemployed, plighted, rapt, action, intended, occupied, betrothed, in use, matched, performing, involved.
- battled (part of speech: verb)
- hired (part of speech: verb)
- endeavored (part of speech: verb)
- "The Poems of Philip Freneau, Volume I (of III)", Philip Freneau.
- "My Strangest Case", Guy Boothby.
- "The Other Girls", Mrs. A. D. T. Whitney.