Definition of english:
- A kind of printing type, in size between Pica and Great Primer. See Type.
- A twist or spinning motion given to a ball in striking it that influences the direction it will take after touching a cushion or another ball.
- Collectively, the people of England; people or persons.
- Of or pertaining to England, or to its inhabitants, or to the present so- called Anglo- Saxon race.
- See 1st Bond, n., 8.
- The language of England or of the nation, and of their descendants in America, India, and other countries.
- To strike ( the cue ball) in such a manner as to give it in addition to its forward motion a spinning motion, that influences its direction after impact on another ball or the cushion.
- To translate into the language; to Anglicize; hence, to interpret; to explain.
Anglican, English language, position, Anglo-Saxon, Anglo-, Norman, Anglic, side of meat, non-Celtic, face, insular, Britannic, English-speaking, incline, the English, English people, Limey, side, Commonwealth, Anglian, slope, Saxon, Anglicized.
- "Aurora the Magnificent", Gertrude Hall.
- "Gossamer 1915", George A. Birmingham.
- "The Four Feathers", A. E. W. Mason.