Definition of engorgement:
- reception (part of speech: noun)
- expansion (part of speech: noun)
- satisfaction (part of speech: noun)
This may be due to the weight of the tumour pressing on the trachea, which has been softened and distorted by the goitre, or to temporary congestion and engorgement of the mucous membrane of the air- passages.- "Manual of Surgery Volume Second: Extremities--Head--Neck. Sixth Edition.", Alexander Miles Alexis Thomson.
- "Aids to Forensic Medicine and Toxicology", W. G. Aitchison Robertson.
- "The Prospective Mother A Handbook for Women During Pregnancy", J. Morris Slemons.