Definition of enlisting:
- coaxing (part of speech: verb)
- persuading (part of speech: verb)
- enrolling (part of speech: verb)
- "An Orkney Maid", Amelia Edith Huddleston Barr.
- "Sages and Heroes of the American Revolution", L. Carroll Judson.
As one enlisting to fight in a just and worthy cause might pause a moment, before taking the oath of service, to regret the ease and freedom he was about to surrender, so this man paused on the summit of the Divide.- "When A Man's A Man", Harold Bell Wright.