Definition of enough:
- A sufficiency; a quantity which satisfies desire, is adequate to the want, or is equal to the power or ability; as, he had enough to do take care of himself.
- An exclamation denoting sufficiency, being a shortened form of it is enough.
- Fully; quite; - used to express slight augmentation of the positive degree, and sometimes equivalent to very; as, he is ready enough to embrace the offer.
- In a degree or quantity that satisfies; to satisfaction; sufficiently.
- In a tolerable degree; - used to express mere acceptableness or acquiescence, and implying a degree or quantity rather less than is desired; as, the song was well enough.
- Satisfying desire; giving content; adequate to meet the want; sufficient; - usually, and more elegantly, following the noun to which it belongs.
lavish, decorous, seemly, fair to middling, overflowing, decent, quite, bounteous, complete, deficient, very, full, affluent, sufficiency, sufficient, comfortable, abounding, teeming, tolerable, profuse, large, passable, equal, luxuriant, generous, copious, plenty, rather, inadequate, barely, adequate, excess, rich, fairly, unlimited, satisfying, becoming, just, adequately, acceptable, adequacy, comme il faut, liberal, replete, comely, competent, nice, exuberant.
- "Knights of Art Stories of the Italian Painters", Amy Steedman.
- "East of the Shadows", Mrs. Hubert Barclay.
- "The Green Flag", Arthur Conan Doyle.