Definition of enrich:
- To make rich with any kind of wealth; to render opulent; to increase the possessions of; as, to enrich the understanding with knowledge.
- To make rich with manure; to fertilize; - said of the soil; as, to enrich land by irrigation.
- To supply with knowledge; to instruct; to store; - said of the mind.
- To supply with ornament; to adorn; as, to enrich a ceiling by frescoes.
meliorate, fertilize, bankrupt, butcher, acquire, deck, gussy up, contribute, emboss, improve on, butter, do, dress, emblaze, rich, comedown, beat, fancify, ameliorate, supplement, beggar, optimization, drape, bake, blanch, perfect, fecundate, bone, chill, glitz, amend, do up, butchery, come out, boost, blend, carve, add to, lift, fancy up, doll up, blazon, pretty, ascent, climb, disestablish, descend, revitalize, caparison, help, remedy, array.
- beautify (part of speech: verb)
- ornament (part of speech: verb)
- improve (part of speech: verb)
- "Lucretia, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
- "Great Expectations", Charles Dickens.
- "The Nameless Castle", Maurus Jókai.