Definition of entertainment:
- Admission into service; service.
- Payment of soldiers or servants; wages.
- That which entertains, or with which one is entertained; as: ( a) Hospitality; hospitable provision for the wants of a guest; especially, provision for the table; a hospitable repast; a feast; a formal or elegant meal. ( b) That which engages the attention agreeably, amuses or diverts, whether in private, as by conversation, etc., or in public, by performances of some kind; amusement.
- The act of receiving as host, or of amusing, admitting, or cherishing; hospitable reception; also, reception or treatment, in general.
concert, presentation, motion picture, frolic, banquet, party, merrymaking, feast, cabaret, movie, reception, extravaganza, spectacle, production, boredom, performance, dance, picnic, amusement, treat, television, show, excite, fete, revelry, escape, tediousness, surprise.
- amusement (part of speech: noun)
pleasure (part of speech: noun)
- pleasurableness (part of speech: noun)
- "Invisible Links", Selma Lagerlof.
- "An Artist in Crime", Rodrigues Ottolengui.
- "Missionary Work Among The Ojebway Indians", Edward Francis Wilson.