Definition of environment :
1. Act of environing; state of being environed.
2. That which environs or surrounds; surrounding conditions, influences, or forces, by which living forms are influenced and modified in their growth and development.
conditions (part of speech: noun)
situation (part of speech: noun)
location, quality, state, situation, status, layout, configuration, post, standing, arrangement, station, mode, property, modality, circumstance, scene, disposition, spot, position, formation, placement, style, condition, aspect, site
environment (part of speech: noun)
- As the peoples were divided in speech, so were they in their manner of building, and the most thoroughly consistent and individual types were in the main confined to the environment of their birth. - "The Cathedrals of Northern France", Francis Miltoun.
- Yet I must confess also that my specimen seemed somehow isolated and apart from my environment. - "The Perfect Gentleman", Ralph Bergengren.
- Let us take the case of a civil- servant whose environment is a district in India. - "Natural Law in the Spiritual World", Henry Drummond.