Definition of equality:
- Evenness; uniformity; as, an equality of surface.
- Exact agreement between two expressions or magnitudes with respect to quantity; - denoted by the symbol =; thus, a = x signifies that a contains the same number and kind of units of measure that x does.
- Sameness in state or continued course; evenness; uniformity; as, an equality of temper or constitution.
- The condition or quality of being equal; agreement in quantity or degree as compared; likeness in bulk, value, rank, properties, etc.; as, the equality of two bodies in length or thickness; an equality of rights.
equity, civil rights, equal opportunity, egalitarianism, free speech, parallelism, basic, correspondence, identity, evenness, impartiality, equal, same, human rights, equation, equilibrium, lack of distinction, brotherhood, positive discrimination, symmetry, fair play, uniformity, coordinateness, equivalence, likeness, justice, equalization, compare, comparison, level playing field, a fair shake, coequality, prejudiced, equating, equivalency, discrimination, par, state of being equal, identical value, six of one and half a dozen of the other, parity, equitableness, inclusion, comparability, parity.
- "Renée Mauperin", Edmond de Goncourt and Jules de Goncourt.
- "The New Rector", Stanley J. Weyman.