Definition of equalizer:
- A device, as a bar, for operating two brakes, esp. a pair of hub brakes for an automobile, with equal force.
- A sliding panel to preserve the lateral stability of an aeroplane.
- Any device for equalizing the pull of electromagnets; also, a conductor of low resistance joining the armature ends of the series field coils of dynamos connected in parallel.
- Equalizing bar.
- One who, or that which, equalizes anything.
proportionality, residuum, correspondence, balance, counterbalance, rest, proportion, residue, counterweight, equilibrium, remainder, symmetricalness, counterpoise, offset, symmetry, equaliser, equipoise, balance wheel, residual.
- "Rastignac the Devil", Philip José Farmer.
- "The Flying Stingaree", Harold Leland Goodwin.