Definition of equilibrium:
- A balancing of the mind between motives or reasons, with consequent indecision and doubt.
- A level position; a just poise or balance in respect to an object, so that it remains firm; equipoise; as, to preserve the equilibrium of the body.
- Equality of weight or force; an equipoise or a state of rest produced by the mutual counteraction of two or more forces.
self-possession, stability, aplomb, equilibration, counterpoise, equalizer, behavior, imperturbability, correspondence, convergence, self-composedness, capillary action, countenance, residuum, composedness, steadiness, cool, cool head, aerate, attraction, equipoise, the carbon cycle, residue, symmetry, air resistance, offset, action, centrifugal force, parallelism, counterweight, equanimity, calm, stasis, affinity, balanced equation, bonding, residual, common denominator, proportionality, calorific, peace, overlap, assay, similarity, counterbalance, equaliser, poise, symmetricalness, collectedness, centripetal force, equality, tranquilness, ease, rest, balance, serenity, labyrinthine sense, composure, control, parallel, balance wheel, tranquillity, proportion, bond, order, vestibular sense, resemblance, absorbance, sense of equilibrium, calmness, adsorb, calcify, repose, behave, sangfroid, placidity, coincidence, amplitude, sense of balance, remainder, chemical equilibrium, coolness.
- "The Life of Napoleon I (Volumes, 1 and 2)", John Holland Rose.
- "Father Payne", Arthur Christopher Benson.
- "The Astronomy of Milton's 'Paradise Lost'", Thomas Orchard.