Definition of era:
- A fixed point of time, usually an epoch, from which a series of years is reckoned.
- A period of time in which a new order of things prevails; a signal stage of history; an epoch.
- A period of time reckoned from some particular date or epoch; a succession of years dating from some important event; as, the era of Alexander; the era of Christ, or the Christian era ( see under Christian).
- age (part of speech: noun)
- indefinite duration (part of speech: noun)
- point of time (part of speech: noun)
- duration (part of speech: noun)
- "The Green Carnation", Robert Smythe Hichens.
- "The American Empire", Scott Nearing.
- "The Life and Genius of Nathaniel Hawthorne", Frank Preston Stearns.