Definition of eradicate:
manage, suppress, repeal, abrogate, extirpate, eat up, quench, uproot, get rid of, terminate, excrete, kill off, exhaust, blow out, use up, overthrow, egest, press out, winnow out, reverse, consume, cancel out, sweep away, end, subvert, bring off, liquidate, run through, wipe out, bear off, rule out, annihilate, bear away, clear, deplete, deracinate, eat, root out, take away, rid of, supplant, pass, do away with, stub out, root, keep, crush out, pull off, kill, extinguish, rub out, obviate, purge, decimate, snuff out, negociate, carry off, blot out, make, stamp out, abate, carry away, set aside, eliminate, exterminate, help, study at exterminate.
- destroy (part of speech: verb)
- annul (part of speech: verb)
- exclude (part of speech: verb)
- extract (part of speech: verb)
- obliterate (part of speech: verb)
- "Stammering, Its Cause and Cure", Benjamin Nathaniel Bogue.
- "Tom Swift in the Land of Wonders or, The Underground Search for the Idol of Gold", Victor Appleton.
It was very difficult to do: so deep was the instinct that it took me some years to eradicate the love for my left side and transfer it to my right, and when I had at last accomplished it I was still liable to go back to my first preference.- "The Prodigal Returns", Lilian Staveley.