Definition of erroneous :
1. Containing error; not conformed to truth or justice; incorrect; false; mistaken; as, an erroneous doctrine; erroneous opinion, observation, deduction, view, etc.
2. Misleading; misled; mistaking.
3. Wandering; straying; deviating from the right course; - hence, irregular; unnatural.
ill-considered, unsound, absurd, foolish, in error, monstrous, preposterous, inconclusive, wild, irrational, all wet, ill-advised, nonsensical, ill-judged, anomalous, ridiculous, paradoxical, stupid, unreasonable, correct, senseless, infatuated, off, chimerical, ludicrous, off base
erroneous (part of speech: adjective)
wrong (part of speech: adjective)
- 16, 449. Then you consider it an erroneous statement, that it is advantageous for a merchant in Shetland to obtain a great number of debtors? - "Second Shetland Truck System Report", William Guthrie.
- Mr. Gell, is erroneous. - "The History of Tasmania, Volume I (of 2)", John West.
- I have wondered more than once during the past week whether we haven'tan entirely erroneous conception of every prominent man whom we don't know intimately. - "The Paternoster Ruby", Charles Edmonds Walk.