Definition of eruption:
- A violent exclamation; ejaculation.
- That which bursts forth.
- The act of breaking out or bursting forth; as: ( a) A violent throwing out of flames, lava, etc., as from a volcano of a fissure in the earth's crust. ( b) A sudden and overwhelming hostile movement of armed men from one country to another. Milton. ( c) A violent commotion.
- The breaking out of pimples, or an efflorescence, as in measles, scarlatina, etc.
clack, boot, rush, spasm, fit, charge, belching, flack, bash, irruption, knock, outburst, bam, agony, gonorrhea, gale, fire, outburst, explosion, flush, thrill, good time, gonorrhoea, belch, volcanic eruption, gust, fringe, extravasation, kick, attack, burp, access, storm, paroxysm, bang, clap, blowup, blast, hit, strike, blow, smash, explosion, flak, bursting, outbreak, detonation, flash, belt, blaze, eructation, ebullition, flow, gush, flare-up, burst, burping, flare, loud noise, smasher.
- "Plotting in Pirate Seas", Francis Rolt-Wheeler.
- "The Master of the World", Jules Verne.
- "Hydriatic treatment of Scarlet Fever in its Different Forms", Charles Munde.