Definition of escape :
1. A plant which has escaped from cultivation.
2. A sally.
3. An apophyge.
4. Leakage or loss of currents from the conducting wires, caused by defective insulation.
5. Leakage or outflow, as of steam or a liquid.
6. That which escapes attention or restraint; a mistake; an oversight; also, transgression.
7. The act of fleeing from danger, of evading harm, or of avoiding notice; deliverance from injury or any evil; flight; as, an escape in battle; a narrow escape; also, the means of escape; as, a fire escape.
8. The unlawful permission, by a jailer or other custodian, of a prisoner's departure from custody.
9. To avoid the notice of; to pass unobserved by; to evade; as, the fact escaped our attention.
10. To flee from and avoid; to be saved or exempt from; to shun; to obtain security from; as, to escape danger.
11. To flee, and become secure from danger; - often followed by from or out of.
12. To get clear from danger or evil of any form; to be passed without harm.
13. To get free from that which confines or holds; - used of persons or things; as, to escape from prison, from arrest, or from slavery; gas escapes from the pipes; electricity escapes from its conductors.
extend, flight of steps, lose sight of, duck out of, departure, break away, imprisonment, claw your way out of something/to something/back etc., get off, exit, light, lose, safety valve, loophole, escape cock, execute, decampment, out, get out of, desertion, turn on, effluence, have a narrow/lucky escape, abdication, break for, bilk, take to the woods, withdrawal, run, thrash, distraction, lack, feed, natural spring, abscond, endure, run away, draft, passing water, entertainment, retention, pretermit, carry, mail, hunt down, escape valve, vacation, outflow, lead, eschewing, fly, fudge, come up, jailbreak, melt, melt down, make out, burst forth, beat, neglect, omit, track down, manage, rescue, release, activity vacation, give off, scarper, go away, bolt, issue from, mind, liberation, pass, go, dodging, fly the coop, deliverance, wetting, outlet, leave out, hegira, slip your mind/memory, lean, race, come off, pragmatism, flail, stream, ride out, grapple, trajectory, get by, leak, ctrl, obliterate, incline, control key, tell of, hightail it, control, splinter, function, ladder, persist, miss, work, extricate, send, ply, break loose, note, weekend, overleap, scat, play, touch on, consort, hedge, go out, erase, generate, thresh, caps lock, cut and run, oblivion, hatch, wriggle out of (doing) something, diversion, invoke, efflux, holiday, bleed, way out, talk in terms of something, beam, leave, throw off, leakage, spring, raise, play it safe, get around, take evasive action, shunning, eschewal, pull out, operate, camp, shaking, overflow, flying, spill, disentangle, seek, secede, activity holiday, bring out, cope, send out, escapism, head for the hills, backspace, lam, take out, get down, bunk, nonpayment, refer to, flee, viewpoint, unravel, move, campaign, mention, turn tail, arrow key, view, making water, flow, cop-out, sewer, rout, honeymoon, prevail, news leak, discharge, Alt key, dismount, put something behind you, emit, adventure travel, drop, hop out, die hard, burke, school of thought, hunt, character set, guide, range, draw, give out, skate over/around, owned, course, tend, provide against, make a getaway, decamp, put off, floodgate, blank out, deal, approach, break off, free, repress, turning away, overlook, delete key, skirt, disappearance, weather/ride the storm, stay out of, explode, eluding, fire escape, black market, run for, equivocation, make do, unhorse, send off, chip off, trip out, ducking, outpouring, slip, framework, contend, be given, exhaust, freedom, fountain, relief valve, flight of stairs, excursion, make off with, allude to, chip, flinch from (doing) something, perspective, trip, blot out, porthole, command key, pull, eschew, make a break (for something), logic, get out, mindset, forget, absquatulate, break, scheme, parry
avoid (part of speech: verb)
escape (part of speech: verb)
avoidance (part of speech: noun)