Definition of escort:
- A body of armed men to attend a person of distinction for the sake of affording safety when on a journey; one who conducts some one as an attendant; a guard, as of prisoners on a march; also, a body of persons, attending as a mark of respect or honor; -- applied to movements on land, as convoy is to movements at sea.
- Protection, care, or safeguard on a journey or excursion; as, to travel under the escort of a friend.
- To attend with a view to guard and protect; to accompany as safeguard; to give honorable or ceremonious attendance to; - used esp. with reference to journeys or excursions on land; as, to escort a public functionary, or a lady; to escort a baggage wagon.
catch, come across, fancy, complement, squire, control, encounter, engagement, assure, learn, bodyguard, witness, realise, find, attendant, companion, find out, lead, take in, usher, show, director, support, backup, get a line, gentleman friend, musical accompaniment, consort, partner, interpret, regard, particular date, shepherd, company, figure, retinue, run into, leader, concomitant, guard of honor, go out, determine, pilot, accompaniment, view, insure, companion, experience, Esquire, consider, day of the month, picture, ascertain, watch, reckon, cavalier, cortege, construe, go through, see, guide, check, hear, see to it, conductor, consort, train, date, realize, guard, visualize, route, run across, ensure, appointment, visit, envision, accompanied, examine, safeguard, visualise, understand, direct, steer, entourage, co-occurrence, protection, conduct, discover, get wind, take care, project, pick up, image, get word, meet, go steady, henchman, look.
- "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
- "The Adventures of Harry Richmond, Complete", George Meredith Last Updated: March 7, 2009.
- "The Life of Sir Richard Burton", Thomas Wright.