Definition of essentially:
Synonyms for essentially:
necessarily, primary, at the heart of, typically, approximately, determinately, in the main, virtually, surface, precisely, principally, in essence, au fond, clearly, certainly, intimately, in effect, permanently, at bottom, chief, elementary, leading, principal, factually, literally, intrinsically, characteristically, all the more, supreme, honestly, quite, basically, predominant, main, surely, evidently, truly, chiefly, fundamentally, basic, at bottom, more or less so, indispensably, at heart, inherently, at heart, prime, naturally, originally, radically, vitally.
- focally (part of speech: adverb)
- substantially (part of speech: adverb)
- purely (part of speech: adverb)
- "The Antiquity of Man", Charles Lyell.
- "Orthodoxy", G. K. Chesterton.
- "Companion to the Bible", E. P. Barrows.