Definition of etch:
- A variant of Eddish.
- To practice etching; to make etchings.
- To produce, as figures or designs, on mental, glass, or the like, by means of lines or strokes eaten in or corroded by means of some strong acid.
- To sketch; to delineate.
- To subject to etching; to draw upon and bite with acid, as a plate of metal.
- "Records of a Girlhood", Frances Ann Kemble.
- "In Mesopotamia", Martin Swayne.
He writes me letters, These later days marked " Opened by the Censor," About his drama, asks me what I think About this point of view, and that approach, And whether to etch in his hero's soul By etching in his hero's enemies, Or luminate his hero by enshadowing His hero's enemies.- "Toward the Gulf", Edgar Lee Masters.