Definition of euchre:
- A game at cards, that may be played by two, three, or four persons, the highest card ( except when an extra card called the Joker is used) being the knave of the same suit as the trump, and called right bower, the lowest card used being the seven, or frequently, in two- handed euchre, the nine spot. See Bower.
- To defeat or foil thoroughly in any scheme.
- To defeat, in a game of euchre, the side that named the trump.
game (part of speech: noun)
- old maid,
- stud poker,
- draw poker,
- gin rummy,
- Chinese checkers,
- blind man's bluff,
- penny ante,
- contract bridge,
- straight poker,
- "The Co-Citizens", Corra Harris.
Thus admonished Badger resumed: Me and Mr. Shirley got to HurleyÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬Ã¢âÂ¢ s Gulch the night before Tom was did for so cruel bad, and we found he was on a spree, and complaininÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬Ã¢âÂ¢ to every one that Mr. Willett he was a- tryinÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬Ã¢âÂ¢ to euchre him out of fifteen hundred dollars, as heÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬Ã¢âÂ¢ d Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ greed to pay for the claim over at Gold Cave Camp.- "Lost in the Cañon", Alfred R. Calhoun.
- "The Heart of the Range", William Patterson White.