Definition of evaporate:
- Dispersed in vapors.
- To convert from a liquid or solid state into vapor ( usually) by the agency of heat; to dissipate in vapor or fumes.
- To escape or pass off without effect; to be dissipated; to be wasted, as, the spirit of writer often evaporates in the process of translation.
- To expel moisture from ( usually by means of artificial heat), leaving the solid portion; to subject to evaporation; as, to evaporate apples.
- To give vent to; to dissipate.
- To pass off in vapor, as a fluid; to escape and be dissipated, either in visible vapor, or in practice too minute to be visible.
thaw, steam, boil away, unthaw, aerify, dissipate, vaporise, unfreeze, mellow out, mellow, solid, concentrate, fume, show, go away, melt down, zap, run, volatilize, fade out, dry up, meld, dethaw, vaporize.
- disappear (part of speech: verb)
- scatter (part of speech: verb)
- vaporize (part of speech: verb)
- dry (part of speech: verb)
- "An Introduction to Chemical Science", R.P. Williams.
- "The Mother and Her Child", William S. Sadler Lena K. Sadler.
- "Dry-Farming", John A. Widtsoe.