Definition of even :
1. As might not be expected; - serving to introduce what is unexpected or less expected.
2. Associate; fellow; of the same condition.
3. At the very time; in the very case.
4. Balanced; adjusted; fair; equitable; impartial; just to both side; owing nothing on either side; - said of accounts, bargains, or persons indebted; as, our accounts are even; an even bargain.
5. Equable; not easily ruffed or disturbed; calm; uniformly self- possessed; as, an even temper.
6. Evening. See Eve, n. 1.
7. In an equal or precisely similar manner; equally; precisely; just; likewise; as well.
8. Level, smooth, or equal in surface; not rough; free from irregularities; hence uniform in rate of motion of action; as, even ground; an even speed; an even course of conduct.
9. Not odd; capable of division by two without a remainder; - said of numbers; as, 4 and 10 are even numbers.
10. Parallel; on a level; reaching the same limit.
11. To act up to; to keep pace with.
12. To be equal.
13. To equalize; to make adequate.
14. To make even or level; to level; to lay smooth.
15. To place in an equal state, as to obligation, or in a state in which nothing is due on either side; to balance, as accounts; to make quits.
16. To set right; to complete.
17. Up to, or down to, an unusual measure or level; so much as; fully; quite.
18. Without an irregularity, flaw, or blemish; pure.
despite, withal, quantifiable, easygoing, identical, quit, than, hexadecimal, evening, even up, evenhanded, coequal, all the same, different, calm, chronological, nonetheless, imperturbable, bury, invariant, candy-striped, unbalanced, compensate, thus far, checkered, at one with, final, flatbottom, rigid, unconstipated, collected, crimson, who would have thought...?, til now, all of something, even-tempered, now I've seen everything/it all, tantamount, actually, make up, any, concede, Well, I never, annualized, bedtime, afternoon, another, checkerboard, assist, equitable, divisible, even so, binary, interchangeable, point, dappled, round, chilled, moreover, relaxed, even out, nonchalant, take down, chequered, as yet, until now, tied, heavens above, tie, next to, true, nevertheless, cool, heretofore, level off, the... the..., even off, too, same old, same old, yet, irreversible, also, hitherto, however, possessed, exact, flatbottomed, calculable, by/in contrast, awful, changeless, you don't say, aggregate, whereas, unflappable, unruffled, laid-back, eve, actual, veritable, up to now, of all things/people/places, chalk something up, fifty-fifty, blunt, daytime, afternoons, plain, average, for good, sheer, you would not believe, stock-still, neither win nor lose, decimal, scour, quits, bloody, still, indeed, indivisible, so far, detached, eventide, e'er, counterbalance, blush, cushion, composed, crisscross, for all, in time, e'en, funnily enough, dismantle, equal, seen against something, charge, attack, cool-headed, fair, awfully, tear down, symmetric, deadlock, relative, likewise, smoothly, darkness, correct, duplicate, rase, whatever happens, unwavering, actively, pay, pull down, quantitative, firm, relatively, daylight, entirely, broken, all, notwithstanding, at ease, checked, is that a fact?, symmetrical, double-digit, raze, precise, justified, compared with/to, redden, day, purge, at a time, sluice, underlying
flat (part of speech: adjective)
mild (part of speech: adjective)
gentle, open-minded, liberal, amiable, forbearing, meek, charitable, lax, genial, libertarian, peaceful, kind, quiet, peaceable, benign, mild, insipid, moderate, benevolent, tender, sweet, permissive, tolerant, lenient, clement, broad-minded, cordial, soft
flatten (part of speech: verb)
gradual (part of speech: adjective)
smooth (part of speech: verb)
frictionless, polished, marble, slithery, glassy, edgeless, silky, smooth, streamlined, slilken, velvety, silken, lacquered, sleek, glazed, satin-smooth, grind, slippery, gloss, glossy, flatten, burnished, varnished, glaze, polish, slick, sand, flat, burnish, plane, satiny, shiny
continuous (part of speech: adjective)
indefatigable, coherent, monotonous, endless, everlasting, unchangeable, robot-like, recurrent, unchanging, ceaseless, unremitting, consecutive, cyclical, unceasing, continual, undying, continuing, nonstop, straight, connected, perennial, constant, repetitive, featureless, unending, incessant, interminable, gapless, un-intermittent, habitual, repeated, continuous, perpetual, sequential, persistent, lasting
equal (part of speech: adjective)
uniform (part of speech: adjective)
like, unvarying, steady, regular, undifferentiated, homogeneous, alike, same, indistinguishable, assonant, seamless, consonant, invariable, consistent, undeviating, undiversified, uniform, equable, unbroken, monolithic, level
- " But please let me tell you, even if you do know it. - "There was a King in Egypt", Norma Lorimer.
- But she could not bear it for her- she could not even help her to bear it. - "Janet's Love and Service", Margaret M Robertson.
- No one was to blame, or very much to blame; even Mrs. Colville says that. - "Indian Summer", William D. Howells.