Definition of evening :
1. of Even
2. The latter part and close of the day, and the beginning of darkness or night; properly, the decline of the day, or of the sum.
3. The latter portion, as of life; the declining period, as of strength or glory.
darkness, hello, blind date, good day, crepuscule, black tie, good afternoon, curfew, afternoon, dinnertime, hey, company, fringe, evenfall, gloaming, competition, graveyard shift, nightfall, hiya, drivetime, hi, dinner table, daylight, start, dinner party, bedtime, all right, afternoons, afterglow, autumn, event, pleased to meet you, do, day, afterlife, even, good morning, eve, closing time, daytime, coffee klatch, good evening
flattening (part of speech: verb)
smoothing (part of speech: verb)
night (part of speech: noun)
- " Do you remember that evening at Enghien? - "The Parisians, Book 11.", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
- Do you remember what we were talking about here, Lyn, that evening we got back from the Earles'? - "The Triumph of Hilary Blachland", Bertram Mitford.
- Yes, my child, to come down this evening. - "The Hour and the Man An Historical Romance", Harriet Martineau.