Definition of evince:
designate, reveal, bear witness, demo, express, press out, register, extract, utter, picture, verbalise, depict, read, evidence, carry, render, record, show up, usher, verbalize, shew, give tongue to, show, convey, point, proclaim.
- demonstrate (part of speech: verb)
- manifest (part of speech: verb)
- evince (part of speech: verb)
- "The Idler in France", Marguerite Gardiner.
But the human beings whose job it is to live and work here evince absolutely no interest if the swish of the shell is away from them and very little if it is coming towards them, unless there appears to be a reasonable chance that it is coming at them.- "Servants of the Guns", Jeffery E. Jeffery.
- "The Anti-Slavery Examiner, Omnibus", American Anti-Slavery Society.